What is Fieldbook good for?
If you're frustrated with using a spreadsheet to track lists, Fieldbook is the tool for the job.
Users have had success with using Fieldbook:
- To track professional service work
- As a lightweight CRM for a distributed sales team
- To track work items for product development
- For product roadmap planning
- To schedule usability tests
- To manage a recruiting pipeline
- To track custom workflows and business processes
For more examples of how to use Fieldbook, see our templates.
How is Fieldbook different from a spreadsheet?
Fieldbook is meant for tracking lists, unlike spreadsheets (which are optimized for accounting and finance). So things that are frustrating in spreadsheets, are a joy in Fieldbook:
- You can link sheets so that it's easy to view and edit related items—such as all the tasks assigned to a person or all the contacts for a company.
- Each row in Fieldbook can be viewed in a full-screen detail view, where you can add as much detail as needed.
- You can easily search, sort and filter—and save searches to get back to later with one click, or to share with your team.
- You can share with your team and work together without stepping on each other's toes.